I thought I’d written this but apparently I accidentally deleted it.
So I did a redux, but I didn’t add a few very important things to it.
As 2018 closes I want to say thank you. Thank you to Nicole Field for her never ending patience with my cancelling of catch ups. Thank you to Amanda for her encouragement, advice and parenting support. Thank you to Morgan for persisting with our friendship despite how damned hard I make it.
And huge, epic, gratitude to my partner, my in-laws, my mum and partner, and my gorgeous step-daughters for the support, the love, the meals, the patience, the babysitting, the help cleaning house, and the acceptance of where I’m at right now.
It’s been a a fucking hard year. So next year my goals are small-ish.
- Get Rabbit to things that involve other young children every week.
- So far we’ve got Gymbaroo setup and I’m aiming for one or two playgroup gatherings. Someone mentioned Ceres also run a music thing for littles so I’ll look that up.
- Finish my multitude of started projects. Off the top of my head I have:
- Blue Blanket
- Big Blanket
- Rabbit’s blanket
- Sal’s present
- Fetch related things
- Try intuitive painting and learn to weave.
- Continue working on my health.
- This one is a struggle. I just can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel at this point and it is making it so hard to look after myself. I’ve been self-sabotaging all over the shop, but I’ve done some good things. I have followed my psych’s intructions and I have ordered some pre-made meals so I actually eat real food.
- I still need to work on exercise.
- Witchcraft, because always witchcraft.
It’s been such a hard year for me that I am trying not to over commit myself with anything for 2019. My health and Rabbit are the priorities. Creative bits come after that, but as they tend to help my sanity I will try to work on something every day.
That’s it. The motto of the year is “Baby steps are better than no steps”.