There is so much happening right now and I’ve been kind of off in my own little world.
So, Rabbit… Rabbit is amazing. She is cute as a button and rapidly learning all the things. She’s walking along furniture and with support, picking things up, playing peek a boo and generally being an awesome baby. She also sleeps with her butt in the air.
I’ve started back at university and thrown myself into it. It’s great. I’m loving every second of it.
Speaking of loving things. Working for myself is awesome and the people I have as clients are epic. You can, should you be looking for a virtual assistant (remote administrator/personal assistant), find me over here: https://charliedaltontwist.com
On the not so great scale. Carpal tunnel, fucked knee, lost of pain, minimal sleep = emotional wreckage and not coping with being a mum very well, but I keep on trying and my beloved does their best to help me cope.
Well, things aren’t bad. In fact, they’re on the up.
Moods have slowly improved as the medication changes have settled, soul-searching and digging continues at a steady pace. I got to take my mum out for dinner for an early mother’s day gift, The Wolf and I are doing fantastic and our teens are, as ever, awesome.
And then there’s this cutey:
And then there’s the sleep dep which is making me want to curl up and cry right now. Can’t win them all I guess.
I’ve not had much energy for blogging in the past few weeks so it’s now mid-March and no one has heard anything from me since January.
- Rabbit is ever adorable, sleeping quite well for her age and developing nicely.
- I’m back at uni and enjoying it.
- I have the world’s best partner who is doing their best to take care of me.
- My blood pressure has returned to normal after a few weeks of it being very high post birth.
- I am doing some work with a lovely lady and learning some new skills along the way.
- Uni is a struggle, do you know hard it is to study with an infant? Really fucking hard.
- I do not function well without sleep.
- I had to stop working on the Hekate stuff to fit in life stuff. This makes me sad.
- I am so many shades of out of spoons.
The (really) Ugly:
- My mental health has gone to hell in a handbasket. Primarily, we feel, because of lack of sleep combined with the added stress of motherhood and uni combined. I am… unwell. Very much so. The people I want to know the details already do, but suffice to say my medication is being upped to help my brain cope with everything and I’ve done an awful lot of crying recently.
- My floors… just don’t look at them if you visit.
I got to sleep to 6:30am this morning. Rabbit usually wakes at 5:30am so this was awesome! I feel good. I’ve done housework I’ve been putting off for a couple of days even and it’s only 10am.
So, Rabbit is 3 weeks today. In the past 3 weeks I have learnt something important: Babies are a fuckton of work and I can’t do all the things I want to. I need to nap at least once a day with her in order to be functional for her 12-1am feed and she needs a lot of my time with feeds, nappy changes and playing. We’ve resolved one problem by putting together her big cot in the loungeroom so she can play and nap out here with me during the day.
Unfortunately, all that means I’ve had to drop things. The main one is my Hekate course. I can pick it up in the next cycle of it so it’s not a drama, but I’m a bit sad. I simply can’t keep up with it right now and I definitely won’t be able to catch up and keep up with it when uni starts back at the end of Feb.
With that said, there is some good news. I’m developing a nice routine with the little one and that means I’m doing ok with my self-care. My mental health is holding up surprisingly well, and I’m physically doing pretty damned well. My shoulders are killing me, but I’ll sort out a massage to right that soon. The girls are back at school so I have a bit of quiet and calm at home during the week now, after several months of someone always being here. Also Kovu the Dog has chilled the fuck out and is back to behaving himself for the most part. Still working on the barking but it’s getting better.
My Mate is away for work for 10 days and I’m missing him like blazes. However, I’m managing the home stuff and I’m upright. I’m also super proud of him. He knows why I am.
There’s been very little creative stuff this last 2 weeks, but I’ve continued on Rabbit’s blanket and am about to start a little gift for a friend’s baby which is due in a few weeks.
So that’s me, how are you?
Uhm, last week I made this and learnt how to take care of it:
Today Rabbit is exactly one week old. We’re thrilled to have her with us at last. It was absolutely love at first sight.
My Beloved there helped make her and was a very good support person while I bought her into the world. They’re so cute together.