Honestly I need to get better about planning my individual days around the hot weather. By mid-morning it’s hitting 30 degrees (86f) and my pregnant ass can not be fucked dealing with anything housework or movement related. At least, that aside, today has been a good day for sitting behind a screen and doing some forward planning.
I spent the first hour or so this morning flicking through the CSIRO Low-Carb Diet. I bought this due to the gestational diabetes – the less carbs I eat the better my blood
glucose levels are, and in the long term the less risk I have of developing type 2 diabetes (which runs in my family). I spent some time this afternoon putting together a meal plan for next week which looks actually viable and really tasty. I need to try and include 2 serves of fish each week which is… awkward with teenagers in the house who hate fish.
**The one thing I did note about this book is that it is in no way low FODmap friendly. I’m experienced enough to make the adjustments where needed but if you’re newer to the FODmap diet try cookbooks especially for it. I only found one low-carb and low-FODmap cookbook and it looked dodgy as sin.**
I moved on to crafts from there, which has been lovely, and planning out my 2018 gift list. It’s currently far smaller than it will be, but it’s a start. I’m also looking at my current maker list and making sure I’m on track for that. I have 5 current projects:
- The bunny bonnet for Rabbit that should be finished this week.
- The waffle weave crochet blanket to go with said bonnet.
- A blue lap blanket that I think will be a gift.
- Mum’s gift (she can find this so it goes in as secret squirrel) – Starting this week with view to finish mid-Jan (I may be overly hopeful here)
- A devotional carnelian bracelet made for my work with Hekate which I finally got the beads for and will also start this week once I have the appropriate threads for it (it came threaded on the string) >>
After a bit of debate I have re-enrolled in the class I dropped earlier this year when I first become pregnant. I was so sick that I couldn’t keep up, and that will be starting late February so there’s time to settle Rabbit in prior to kicking off.
So, yes, today has been a good day for planning. I think, over the years, this isn’t really something I’ve taken the time out to do and that’s reflected in the lack of achievement of goals both in professional and personal fields. My Mate is, thankfully, a very strong planner and their influence is rubbing off.